You can do more than pray for good health: you can eat like God intended us to eat and your health will pretty much take care of itself.
- Stop eating what’s killing you.
- Stop eating what’s making you sick.
- Stop eating what’s making you fat.
- Stop eating what’s poisoning you.
- Stop eating what the lobbyists who pay off our corrupt politicians want us to eat because it puts more money in their pockets.
- Stop eating what slick advertising campaigns promote as healthy because it’s not; it helps their bottom line, not your health.
- Stop eating what the majority of the healthcare system tells you to eat because a lot of research is paid for by the very corporations and industry groups poisoning us.
- Stop letting your children eat what the school system puts on your child’s lunch tray because it’s dictated by corrupt politicians, industry groups, and lobbyists, and NOT by what’s actually good for their health.
- For example, Milk, it’s good for you… Right? Wrong… But the entire system from the government, to healthcare, to your school system says you need it and to drink it: Doctor’s shocking recommendation about drinking Milk! (this short clip is from Cowspiracy mentioned below)
My family and I recently transitioned to a plant based diet, stopping consuming all animal products. We didn’t have any health issues we were trying to deal with, but after watching all the documentaries I reference below, I’m sure we’ve averted some that were forming. We also feel a lot better and have lost a little around the middle!
Health Based Reasons:
The science has been around for decades: a plant based diet makes you live longer and healthier than a meat/animal based diet. A plant based diet can even reverse health problems such as some heart issues and diabetes. A plant based diet will lower your cholesterol, reduce your weight, and make you feel better and more “alive”. Basically, our digestive system is designed for a mostly plant based diet, not animal based diet, when we reverse it there are consequences. However drug companies, some corporate agriculture farming industry groups, and some portions of the healthcare industry do not want you to know this – you’re worth much, much more to them unhealthy. Some people switching to, and following, a plant based diet have been able to get off their meds and reverse chronic illnesses.
Animal Cruelty Based Reasons:
Due to slick advertising and promotion, most of us think of farms where our food comes from as they existed in our grandparent’s day. Happy farm animals being well taken care of: cows grazing on grass up until they are painlessly and fearlessly killed for our food in a sanitary environment, or pleasantly milked by caring farm workers. Or chickens running around outside with plenty of space and a clean environment laying eggs, or happy and healthy until they are painlessly and fearlessly killed for our food in a sanitary environment. Nothing could be farther from the truth: today’s “farms” are dark, heartless, assembly-line torture systems, reminiscent of medieval dungeons, producing contaminated “food” that makes us unhealthy and sick.
Is “plant based diet” the same thing as a “vegan”? Yes, however, the same groups mentioned above (and some others) have done a good job at making most people think of vegans as hippies, nut jobs, or tree huggers. This works to put the brakes on more people taking up a healthy life style and taking money out of their pockets. A vegan eats nothing that comes from animals: no milk, meat, fish, chicken, eggs, etc. I do however still eat honey, some do not.
Eating Meat is Manly:
In the traditional “western” diet, eating meat is viewed as manly. However, you will find that in fact it’s not. It makes you less healthy, sick, can kill you, and reduces your performance as a man. In the documentaries I link to below, there are sections on athletes and plant based diets, as well as a group of firemen in Texas all on plant based diets. All living healthier and with better athletic performance. It’s also not manly to promote cruelty: real men take care of and protect others, including animals.
How to Stop being a Death Eater*: Educate Yourself!
I’m not talking about the Harry Potter series followers of Lord Voldemort; I’m actually talking about what you eat and how it’s killing you. The first step in any endeavor is education. Watch the documentaries I list below. When you watch them, really pay attention: get off your phone and really watch and really listen. Especially pay attention to the treatment of animals. Especially pay attention to the control and influence of our government over what we eat. I’ve linked to the websites for each documentary because they have a lot of great information, recipes, sources for more information, etc.
The same “influence” that makes the typical American/western diet so unhealthy has now spread to eastern cultures that have been traditionally much healthier. This is documented in a couple the films below.
After watching all the documentaries on food and diet below, I’m 100% sure that most health problems are caused by what we eat, can be reversed, and that it’s intentionally done to us. I also think, that just like allergies, some people are more susceptible to the effects of the “poisons” we’re putting in our bodies and they get sicker and/or go through life unhealthy and miserable.
Once you educate yourself, you’ll start to see poisoned people everywhere – don’t be one of them!
Plant Based vs. Animal Based Diet Documentaries:
All of these are available on Netflix and other online, on-demand sources (click links for the movie website). I recommend watching them in the order listed, but you may want to watch Dr. Klaper’s videos linked to below at any point in the sequence.
- Netflix: Forks over Knives, movie website: Forks over Knives
- Netflix: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead 2, movie website: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead 2 (I did go back and watch the first one recently and it’s good too)
- Netflix: Cowspiracy, movie website: Cowspiracy (starts off slow and a wee bit confusing making you wonder what side he’s on, but keep watching it clears itself up)
- Netflix: Food, Inc., movie website: Food, Inc.
- Netflix: What the Health, movie website: What the Health
- Netflix: Vegucated, movie website: Vegucated
- This documentary follows three meat and cheese loving New Yorkers who agree to adopt a vegan diet for six weeks in an effort to get healthier. It’s “low budget” but has some interesting perspective and information, especially the before and after blood-work stats.
In a few of the films above, you’ll see a few clips of Dr. Michael Klaper. Read the Answers page on his website, and on his Videos page, there are lot of videos to watch (most are free). Here are a couple you NEED to watch:
- Doctor’s shocking recommendation about drinking Milk! (this short clip is from Cowspiracy mentioned above)
- From Operating Table to Dining Room Table! (full length presentation at conference)
I will attempt to update this list as I watch more documentaries.
Until next time,
*Actually, there is a reason I used this phrase and I may make a post on it in the future (when I understand more about it!)