We need some Grit!
As we get ready to celebrate July 4th, think about how much government, at all levels, has become tangled in everything we do in our lives. Taxes, fees, hidden taxes, laws, regulations, money, banking, spying and data collection, our doctors and medical care, on and on. We’re not free and we haven’t been for generations.
Both parties are to blame and both parties have legions of people who have become “career politicians”. Getting these politicians to reduce government and return some of our freedoms is like trying to pull the needle from a drug addicts arm: they’ll do anything to keep that drug flowing.
- They’ll create massive diversions (social and otherwise).
- They’ll lie.
- They’ll pay others to lie.
- They’ll buy votes either directly or indirectly.
- They’ll bury damaging laws in massive bills.
- They’ll rewrite history a little at a time and change how and what is taught in public schools.
- They’ll make you think you’re free when you’re not because they’ve taught you that you’re free in their schools… and you don’t know any better so you think you are.
- They’ll make sure that you worry about things that are really not all that important, while other things go unnoticed because they control the media.
- And when someone tells you the truth you’ll think they’re lying to you.
This country was founded, and built, by men and women with grit. Freedom is a beautiful thing, but it’s not easy, and it’s not free. It will take men and women with grit to get us out of the mess we’re in. Donald Trump, Ben Carson, Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul all have grit…
We need a president with moral fortitude, a love of this country, the intelligence to know what to do, and the tenacity of a bull dog.
I’ve said it over and over: when voting for a president one of the most important things to think about is what type of judges he or she will appoint. A presidency last 4 or 8 years: a Supreme Court Justice sits on the court for much, much, much longer. We’ve seen the results of having the wrong people on the highest court in the US… and its just going to get worse if we elect another liberal President.
Do more than pray – support one of the guys above and let’s get this country back on track. It will take grit on your part: constantly contact your elected officials to let them know how you feel about things. Don’t wait for someone else to do it.
P.S. I just found this statistic: 75% of Christians did not vote in the last 2 elections – if they had voted we would have a very different country today: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/11/19/are-christians-at-fault-for-obamas-re-election-win-rev-franklin-graham-says-yes/